Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tool Making Monkey


Well first off the diet has been going fairly well, did good last week 'cept for my lapse at Wendy's Friday for lunch and Saturdays weigh in I had lost 3 lb.'s......down to 207.8. Still need to get out and exercise more.

Last weeks was my last armour night at Zach's for a while as I will have school on Monday and Wednesday nights (German I), I am hoping to hop on over there when he is working in the shop so I can get stuff done. Spent about 3 hours pounding on the ankle of my right frontal greave and it felt and looked like I had worked on it for 10 minutes, probably another reason most people forgo greaves in the SCA. Very dpressing to spend all that time working on something and it looks and feels like you did almost no work on it, although at the end of the 3 hours it started to look right. Think it was a combination of me learning what to do and the metal finally getting to were it needed to be. On a positive note I did get a tool made, made a rivet setter, to help sit the nail for trimming and riveting.

Saturday we helped Jason move in just down the street for the house, which is way cool, but man I am sore today. Mary also took Erebus (who weighed in at 48 lb.'s at 16 weeks) to his first day of training and he did very well. We are going to continue working with him this week in preparation for next weeks class.


Have decided to make a Corrazina (ie. little curriass or a covered segmented curriass -breast and back body armour) out of the 4130 spring steel I have and cover it with a sturdy linen covering (although I am not decided on the outer shell covering yet) from the pattern I got from Master Talbot (Dough Strong).

No comments: