Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Well got out to armouring last night, didn't get a whole lot done, but got my ideas on my aventail (chain maille drape that hangs from the edge of my helm) remeasured and confirmed so I feel much more confident on cutting the damn thing this time.

It was nice to get back into the groove, tried to work on my frontal greaves (lower leg armour that covers the shin and sides of the calf), but had forgotten what I had been doing, so was kinda stumped. It has to be the hardest piece of armour I have ever attempted as they have a lot of complete curves. Just look at your lower leg, it is not a neat even cone.....

Since I am not working, this means I do not have to eat fast food, so going to go on a diet and eat better. Less fat, sugar and carbs and more lean meats, vegetables and smaller portions.

1 comment:

Maelgwyn Dda said...

It was good to see you out at armouring. I hope the leg heals quickly...and I wish you were coming to Gulf with us. We could use a few more shooters. Hopefully you can join the War Company at Gothic and 3 Kings this fall.