Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sir Gaston's Shield


Well I finally got around to putting the edge on Sir Gaston's (Zach) shield after he had painted it and gotten it back to me. Unlike my last heater I started the rawhide edging at the bottom and did the top last so it would layer/overlap better for SCA combat. Got the shield edged in 3 pieces and was very happy with the edging. I tried out latex paint for the rawhide, as you just cannot dye the stuff and was surprised at who easy it went on and how well it looks. I have been told that it holds up to SCA combat well and it was akin to paint the canvas/linen covering on the shield. Just touching up a few bits and the heraldry before I deliver it for him to strap up.

Well I have come to the conclusion that I will be dropping German, working and then going to class is not working out. The summer class looks brutal, but it is a slow time at work (no flu season) and it is during the late morning, so hoping it will work out better than the evening classes did.

Still not getting exercises like I need to be doing, I do plan to start getting out for Rapier practice on Tuesday nights and I will have Fencing on Friday and Saturday afternoons so that should help a bit. My weigh in was the same as last week 207.8 lb.'s.

1 comment:

Gaston de Clermont said...

Hey the shield looks great! Sorry to hear about your German class. Does that mean you'll be able to come out for armouring?